Tuesday, October 26, 2010

24 years old today! Do I need Botox now?

So it's my birthday and I am 24 years old. I feel old too, I know 24 is still young but I just can't believe I'm 24 now it's just a weird feeling. I always joke about having a birth week, this birthday really has turned into a birth week but it's been so fun and I feel really blessed to have such a good family (both sides!) and friends who all made me feel special, especially Brett.

Brett and I took Friday off of work and celebrated together. Brett started my day with breakfast in bed which was really sweet of him and it just kicked off the festive day! After we lounged for awhile we got ready and we went shopping together because I really needed clothes and thought it would be more fun to go together than just have him pick them out.

That night we went to Lagoon and I felt like a kid again. I haven't been there in so long and we realized that we have never been to an amusement park together which is kind of weird. But I was feeling brave at first and wanted to go on Wicked right away but decided not to but to warm up with the Mouse ride and oh my heck I am getting old and boring or something because it totally freaked me out. I used to not get scared at all but now I am a baby, it's pathetic. We went on Colossus and the Spider which made us both so dizzy. The Spider kind of ruined the rest of the rides because the dizziness never really went away. And I never worked up the courage to go on Wicked either. We had so much fun though, the haunted houses were fun and the shows were fun too. There was one show where all the people were dressed up like Halloween characters and this big werewolf man had a line in a song that said, "You put your hands on your hips!" For some reason a big werewolf singing that just made me laugh and we kept saying it all night. I know, I know, I am a dork and I don't care ok! We pigged out on cinnamon rolls and junk food all day too, but calories don't count on your birthday right?

Saturday night my parents came up to take us to dinner, I choose Maddox in Brigham and it was soooo delicious like always. It was really nice of them to drive all the way up to go there but we had a really good time with them. And I ate so much, plus I got a free slice of pumpkin pie which was just the start of my pumpkin pie addiction that has been going on this weekend.

After dinner with my dad and mom :)

Do I look pretty?

Yee hawww!

Bumper cars, Brett loved them haha.

Ahhh it's a rat!

Don't get scared of the rides!

Oh the festive decorations were too cute to not get a picture with them.

Oh I'm so excited!!!!!!
On Sunday Brett's family all came to our house for dinner. It was so much fun and I'm glad they all came! Hunter is an amazing artist and he drew us more pictures. He copied a painting I did for Brett and he does a really good job! He is only 7 but you can just see his talent and I have never seen someone that young with such a strong desire to draw and create art I just think it is so awesome. Both he and Tanner played with my little hammie, Hopkins. We all just sat around and talked, it's good to spend time with family and I have always felt so welcomed with the Woodruff family which I am really grateful for.

And on another note, for dessert I made pumpkin pie and when I was making it I was so stupid and was tripling the recipe for some dumb reason and all I needed to do was 1 and a half it! So to make a long story short I wasted a pound of sugar and a bunch of spices but it worked out in the end and they tasted pretty good. So far I had pie Saturday night, Sunday night, Monday for breakfast and lunch and a bite before dinner and I still have a whole pie waiting for me. I brought some to work so hopefully people would eat it but Sandra doesn't like it. I think I have a problem...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had fun! I had the same experience at Lagoon, but mine was when I was 21 and I couldnt handle the rides anymore! They made me sick!! Its so sad growing up!

    ReplyDelete