Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shutty

School started again, this semester will be really hard. I am in BFA seminar now so it will be really intense and self directed with all the work to be done outside of class so I am starting to stress about it. I will just have to get working and then I will feel unstressed. I say self directed because I have to produce a whole new body of work and we have a class but it's all critique and discussion, so no work time during class. We have professors and everything it's just about learning to be a working artist and producing your own work and getting it ripped apart in critique, haha well hopefully not.  I like being back in school though, I enjoy being around art all the time and I feel like I'm doing something productive. My job isn't bad and I have fun working with my friend Sandra but it gets monotonous and I feel like I should be doing something else. I know that sounds bad but I guess that is why I'm in school to get my Art Teaching degree and have a job that I feel good about. I feel like I've been in school forever though, my degree is  a 5 year degree anyway because I am getting a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree and a teaching degree on top of that instead of an art composite degree which is faster to get.

So I can get so opinionated sometimes and I just need to shut my mouth (yeah right.) So on Sunday we went to Brett's family's house for dinner and to hang out and I started going off about how I hate sports and how I hate guns and that nobody should have guns except police and to stop making them legal for people to own them blah blah. I  just feel like if they don't produce them  anymore and stuff the world be safer... I know I can get all weird about weird things. Anyway the dumb thing was that right before I was saying that, I was playing with a toy gun and pretending to shoot people.... it doesn't really go along with what I was saying, I know. So here I am going off about how guns should be banned and how I won't let my kids play with toy guns but here I am being a hypocrite playing with a toy gun! What the freak? So I guess I know the difference between a toy and a real gun and I don't have inclinations toward violence and blah blah so that is where the difference came into my mind but it was still dumb of me. So anyway here is to me shutting up and stop trying to convert the world to listening to what I think because in the long run it probably just annoys people. So you may be saying, "Fin-amen-ally," or you may be saying, "yeah right." Either way I will try to tone down the annoying factor but I don't know how successful I will be...

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! Make sure you indicate who you are quoting when you say "Fine-amen-ally"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Corey, don't worry I know you started "fine-amen-ally," I tell people the story all the time that you invented it!

    ReplyDelete