Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Brett turns 29 in Jackson, Wy!

Happy Birthday to Brett! He turned 29 on Feb. 14 and to celebrate we decided to take a weekend away together. We went to Jackson Hole, Wy from Saturday to Monday and stayed in a little cabin. It was so nice just to get away and not not think about school or work at all. It was nice to spend time together without any distractions either. The drive up was gorgeous, the weather was pretty nice and sunny. We basically went on a long drive to eat a lot and do a lot of nothing but it was really nice. We went on a long drive on Sunday through Teton National Park in hopes of seeing some moose or something because Brett loves wildlife, but we didn't see anything in the park. We saw a lot of deer by our hotel, and wolves and an elk but in Jackson or on the way there but not in the forest, probably because the snow was so deep. I don't know what was wrong with me that day but I had to pee literally every 20 min for a couple of hours and I made Brett pull over and he kept saying I was going to be arrested for peeing in a public forest but I was willing to risk it. It was funny though, we laughed a lot.

Brett woke up early on Sunday around 6, and I was still sleeping so he went to look for animals. He ended up seeing some wolves try to eat some deer on a hillside. He said the deer bunched up and scared off the wolves. I would have loved to see that, I like wolves a lot because of the wolf stories my dad used to tell me when I was little.

We went to the National Wildlife Museum in Jackson also. There were a lot of paintings and drawings of animals and nature. They were really beautiful and formally done very well, it's just different to go see a bunch of paintings of animals with hardly any content in the paintings, it's just a lot different than the contemporary art I have been looking at recently.

Brett got me some nice earrings for Valentine's and he kept calling me his beautiful Valentine. It was his birthday weekend but he kept calling me his Valentine and treating me like it was my special day. He just treats me so well, I love him a lot a lot.
The cabin we stayed in.

My new Elk friend at the Museum. Hopefully the cameras didn't catch me all over it!


Some wolves at the Elk Refuge. They are hard to see in this.

A frozen lake at the bottom of the Tetons.



Say Cheese!!!

The birthday boy.



The wolves attacking the deer, very hard to see.

Brett said he wants to be a photographer. I said he should start because he would love being in nature and capturing some awesome shots. He took these last pictures on his morning drive.




No comments:

Post a Comment