Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Peeps and Massages Make Life So Nice

Easter is so fun! Brett and I colored eggs with Brittnie and Matt, well really Britt and I colored eggs while they just watched the NBA finals. I made the cutest egg I've ever made, I drew a Peep on the egg! On Saturday we went to my family's for our annual Easter egg hunt and Marie won the jackpot eggs, both of them. She hauled it in, and I got the worst haul ever, but it all evens out from year to year. Laugh all you want, but I love our egg hunt. All my siblings and the spouses, and now my nieces are running around like idiots, pushing each other over and clawing each other to get the eggs, the precious money eggs. There is always a jackpot egg or two with about $20 bucks in them and Marie found them both, and her husband only found 2 eggs, each with a dollar in it. I thought that was funny. My nieces are 3 so they aren't pushing or anything since their eggs are just on the ground for them to pick up. The eggs are hidden really well, some are buried and you have to just guess where they are. Some are under rocks, in pine trees, weird places. One year the jackpot egg was in the back of the toilet, the tank area wrapped in a plastic bag. But the challenge is what makes it fun. Also I have eaten enough Peeps to turn me into one. I am shocked with how many people actually don't like Peeps!  I don't understand how you would not like a delicious marshmallow treat, it boggles my mind! Even Vanessa said, "I don't like Peeps." What child doesn't like Peeps?? Well apparently my adorable niece doesn't like them.

The money from the egg hunt was even better when it paid for the best massage of my life yesterday. I treated myself to a massage to celebrate the end of the semester and my hard work. I may have made that excuse up but me no care. I was in heaven. Let me just tell you how wonderful this was, so I went to Beyond Spa in Layton where the 60 min. massage is only $39, yes just $39 with no membership required-take that Massage Envy! Anyway Amy was my massage therapist and she had hands of wonder. She worked out about 50 knots in my shoulders and back, the most were on my right side, probably because I'm right handed. But it hurt so good. It hurt but it feels so good at the same time. But I walked out of there feeling so relaxed I felt like I was half asleep. Anyway I will be going back shortly, well I hope to at least.

The best egg ever colored, it's hanging out with some sexy "chicks."

Brett and I coloring our eggs at our place. Ahhh how cute.

Brittnie and I, she is so festive I just love it! We like holiday parties obviously.

Matt, Brett and Britt.

1 comment:

  1. That was so much fun! Thanks for celebrating holidays with me! And again I'm sorry we invited ourselves to your place...:)

    ReplyDelete